The goal of the Therapeutic Recreation internship at Gio’s Garden is to offer the intern an opportunity, within a supervised setting, for the practical application of the philosophy, theory, and knowledge acquired in the academic setting.
General Internship Information
- The student’s internship will last for a minimum of fifteen weeks. The student will be oriented to the center, center-wide staff and operations, and center programming within first week of the student’s internship.
- No stipend is offered to the student. Responsibility for housing is that of the student. Assistance in locating housing is provided upon request.
- Work hours vary and include evening and weekends. Interns will have at least two consecutive days off per week with the exception of optional special events. Flex schedule to meet 40 hours a week.
- The dress code standards include appropriate dress for the weather and center activities. This internship is active and messy! Dress to run, play, and chase kiddos.
- The student will be supervised by a Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist, as certified by the NCTRC.
- The student and supervisor will meet weekly or more often if needed.
- The student will be responsible for meeting all expectations and completing all responsibilities as outlined in the intern job description. The student is responsible for maintaining internship binder and following tentative weekly outline.
Application and Deadlines
To apply, please email the following materials to [email protected]:
- Two letters of recommendation
Spring 2024 Internship : Applications due August 28, 2023
January - May 2024
Summer 2024 Internship : Applications due Feb 10, 2024
May - August 2024
Fall 2024 Internship : Applications due May 4, 2024
September - December, 2024
For more information please contact:
Paige Noltemeyer, CTRS
Recreational Therapist | Assistant Director
(608) 833-4467 ext. 4