The goal of the Therapeutic Recreation internship at Gio’s Garden is to offer the intern an opportunity, within a supervised setting, for the practical application of the philosophy, theory, and knowledge acquired in the academic setting.
General Internship Information
- The student’s internship will last for a minimum of fourteen weeks. The student will be oriented to the center, center-wide staff and operations, and center programming within first week of the student’s internship.
- No stipend is offered to the student. Responsibility for housing is that of the student. Assistance in locating housing is provided upon request.
- Work hours vary and include evening and weekends. Interns will have at least two consecutive days off per week with the exception of optional special events. Flex schedule to meet 40 hours a week.
- The dress code standards include appropriate dress for the weather and center activities. This internship is active and messy! Dress to run, play, and chase kiddos.
- The student will be supervised by a Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist, as certified by the NCTRC.
- The student and supervisor will meet weekly or more often if needed.
- The student will be responsible for meeting all expectations and completing all responsibilities as outlined in the intern job description. The student is responsible for maintaining internship binder and following tentative weekly outline.
Application and Deadlines
To apply, please email the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Two letters of recommendation
Applications due September 15, 2019
Full for Summer 2019
Full for Fall 2019
For more information please contact:
Emily Meissner, CTRS
Recreational Therapist | Program Assistant
(608) 833-4467 ext. 4