Therapeutic Respite Care Specialist (Part Time) - Now Hiring
DESCRIPTION: This position is responsible for the oversight of our respite care service which includes providing individualized personal care, maintaining safety of all those in care and offering high-quality therapeutic activities to children ages birth through 6 years old with cognitive and physical disabilities.
This position is evening and weekends, with flexible hours.
Addional Position Information-
● Providing full assistance of personal care tasks to children in care. This includes assisting independent toileting (potty trained/or training), changing diapers on floor mat or table, changing position of child to stretch and prevent sores, basic dressing tasks and feedings.
● Take lead in emergency medical and fleaing situations by initiating emergency response, providing advanced medical cares including PRN medications and delegating tasks to support staff and volunteers.
● Maintain awareness of whereabouts of all children in care at all times.
● Exert up to 30 lbs of force frequently and/or quickly.
● Dealing with individuals with a range of moods/emotions and behaviors in a tactful, congenial, and personal manner.
● Provide regular medical cares for children by grasping, measuring and administering daily medications.
● Coordination and direction/guidance of the actions of respite care assistants, volunteers, interns and staff-in-training.
● Expertise in giving and following multi-step directions.
● Talking with and/or listening to families in regards to child cares and medical information each shift.
● Maintenance of current information concerning a child’s specific cares through child binders and goal sheets.
● Implementation of therapeutic activities which includes lead and adapting developmentally appropriate activities based on child’s goals and abilities.
● Hand over hand support of children while they work on developmental goals and activities.
● Perform daily household duties as necessary to maintain a safe, sanitary, and healthy environment.
● Evaluation of interns and volunteers.
● Attend monthly staff meetings and activity staff meetings.
● Participate in 15 hours of continue education and training each year.
● Represent Gio’s Garden in a positive, professional manner within the community.
● Maintain complete confidentiality of information concerning the families, children, volunteers and staff.
● Perform other related duties as may be assigned by Gio’s Garden leadership staff.
● Broad Based Entry Level Early Childhood Course.
● Fundamentals of Family Child Care Course (provided).
● Completion of Shaken Baby Syndrome, Abuse & Neglect and SIDS training (provided).
● General knowledge/understanding of individuals with disabilities as well as lifespan and child development.
● Able to complete CPR training within 6 months.